Due to the continuing growth of Fusion Law (a niche, legal consultancy firm), we are looking to recruit an additional Corporate & Commercial (Business Development and Transactional) Solicitor to focus predominately on Business Development and to assist with some legal work.
Fusion Law is part of Fusion Consulting Group – a multi-disclpinary consultancy firm, offering International Taxation, Company Accounting, Buusiness Advsiory, Digital Marketing and Legal Services. Our clients are varied and include HNW individuals and SMEs and we cover a broad range of industry sectors. We are a friendly, exciting and enterprenuerial firm and offer a good package and perks and genuinely care about our staff – we want you to enjoy coming to work.
We are looking for a dynamic, hard-working, industrious and focussed Solicitor to do substantial Business Development and to get invoved in legal work and delivery. As well as being integral to Fusion Law, you will be working with our Sales/Business Development Team to develop legal relationships and opporunities. Your legal focus and experience must include Corporate, Commercial, Company law, GDPR and Data Protection. In particular we are looking for a person who has solid legal training and experience and is willing to learn and develop their career with us – and is motivated. You will be working within both the Business Devlopment and Legal Departments, under experienced management.
- You will be required to work closely with the Business Development/Sales team to qualify and develop new business opportunities;
- You will be required to build relationships with intermediaries and promote our legal services within the Fusion group of businesses;
- You will be required to undertake work and to deal with client matters individually and within a team;
- You may be required to supervise a paralegal that will assist you with day-to-day fee earning work.
- You will attend face to face meetings; Zoom; meetings, virtual meetings with clients and in certain cases to lead those meetings;
- You will expected to have BD focus, ideas and creativity and to develop initiatives and prospects;
- You will be required to draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements and contracts (e.g. share purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements, due diligence review; terms and conditions, shareholders’ agreements, joint venture agreements, distribution agreements, employment contracts, company secretarial work, GDPR work);
- You will also be required to monitor and support our retained clients;
- You will be working with a small legal team and need to be very organised, professional and efficient;
- You will be required to understand and have some experience in the GDPR and employment law;
- You will have Business Development experience and will be keen to develop these with us as part of your BD training;
- You will be required to provide Corporate & Commercial updates through webinars and seminars;
- You will be required to assist in technical Corporate & Commercial law blogs and newsletters;
- You will be required to use Clio our practice management platform;
- You will be required to work closely with Fusion Group’s other departments, e.g. accountancy and tax departments.
Desired Skills and Experience
- LLB (Hons), BA (Hons) or equivalent;
- LPC or equivalent;
- Experienced Paralegal or Qualified Solicitor (junior-mid-tier);
- Must have experience in drafting commercial, company and corporate contractual documentation;
- Excellent MS Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook skills;
- Ability to interact professionally with clients, able to prioritise workload and be self-sufficient;
- Be an individual and team player;
- Hard-working, motivated, focussed and organised.
What we offer:
- Dependent on experience + Bonus + Commission+ Perks;
- Excellent training and development opportunities;
- Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding firm at a very exciting stage of growth;
- Flexibility; we will consider Full-Time or Part-Time;
- Friendly, exciting, dynaic work envirornment; and
- A unique opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary consulting practice and work closely with the accountancy, tax, business advisory and digital marketing departments.
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time.
Job Location: Finchley N3.
About Fusion Consulting and Fusion Law:
Fusion Consulting is a modern, boutique consultancy that specialises in Law, Tax, Social Media, IT and Business Advisory to deliver you creative solutions to complex problems. We look after a growing portfolio of UK and international clients providing legal services to meet their individual needs. For more information, please visit: www.fusionconsult.co.uk.
Fusion Law Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.