Fusion is looking to recruit a Head of Law to join its growing firm based in North London.
Fusion, now in its 5th year of trading, established its Legal Services division in 2018 and focuses on Corporate, Commercial, Non-Contentious Employment, GDPR & M&A services.
The firm only provides unreserved activities and therefore is not required to be regulated by the SRA; however, it is the intention to become regulated in due course.
The team currently consists of a Business Development Solicitor, Senior Corporate and Commercial Solicitor and Newly Qualified Solicitor.
The Head of Law will work closely with the Directors to lead the existing legal services team who provide Corporate and Commercial work to a range of SME businesses in the UK.
Leading from the front, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation of the firm regarding winning new business, overall service delivery and delivering your own work.
The ideal candidate will have worked on various M&A and CoCo projects at a senior level for a mid-tier firm and will be looking for a long-term opportunity in which he or she can build upon their experiences and knowledge and drive the legal business forward.
• Overall responsibility of new customer acquisition whilst maintaining relationships with existing ones.
• Managing and improving existing processes and procedures.
• Leading client meetings and acting as ‘expert’
• Providing strategy and direction for business growth
• Tracking workflow and delivery across the team
• Acting as Deal Leader for M&A transactions
• Managing outsource relationships.
• Working with the finance team on corporate transactions and financial due diligence
• Training current team members and improving performance.
• Supervision of staff including appraisals and providing guidance as needed.
• New business, attending new business meetings and networking/speaking events
• Proven track record of managing teams and delivering general legal services
• Existing experience working with SME businesses
• Good knowledge within the service portfolio
• Understanding of current legal practices and precedents.
• Strong strategic, analytical and project management skills.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to lead a team.
• Confident and dynamic personality.
• Proven Business Development capability.
The company is looking for someone who has the ambition to run their own firm, with the support and infrastructure of a multi-disciplinary consulting practice behind them, along with the necessary group functions such as sales, marketing, finance, and back office.
•10 years’ minimum experience working in corporate & commercial departments.
•Proven experience in providing an end-to-end service to SME businesses.
•Experience leading SME M&A transactions
•Strong attention to detail
•Happy to work independently and manage a team.
•Ability to think outside the box and provide clients with the best advice for their business.
•Excellent organisational and multitasking skills
•Ability to work under strict deadlines
•Advanced IT skills
•Strong sense of urgency
•Professional and presentable
What we offer:
•£100k+ package based on competitive basic salary, bonus, and profit share
•Equity in Legal business
•Equity in Group business
•22 Days Holiday + Public Bank Holidays
•Excellent training and development opportunities
•Private medical insurance
•Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding firm at a very exciting stage of growth
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Finchley N3
About Fusion Consulting Group:
Fusion is a multi-discipline consulting practice focusing on Digital Marketing. Financial Services, Taxation, Accountancy, IT, Law and Business strategy delivering creative solutions to complex problems.
Now over 5 years old and employing over 28 staff, we deliver value by harnessing our experience in practice and industry fused with our dynamic and entrepreneurial approach.
At Fusion we believe in Total Client Satisfaction. It is at the heart of everything we do., please visit: www.fusionconsult.co.uk
Fusion Consulting Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.