Head of Accountancy – Finchley
Due to both extensive growth and acquisitions, Fusion Consulting Group are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Accountant/Manager to lead the accountancy function within our head office in Finchley.
The group has several subsidiaries ranging from Tax, Accounting, Legal, Financial Services and Recruitment. Our mission is to disrupt the disjointed Professional Services space.
Reporting to the Managing Partner, the Head of Accountancy will run the day-to-day operation of the Finchley accounting function.
Acting in a strategic capacity, the successful candidate will coordinate and drive the delivery function of the office. They will need to be technically proficient and have extensive experience with all accountancy-related matters at a senior level.
The role will require strong communication and networking skills as you’ll be a leader of the office for both clients and colleagues. As such, the successful candidate will need to be a proven and effective leader who strives for continued development and improvement.
This role will involve looking after a portfolio of key clients. These will predominantly be fast growth clients within the SME sector, so it is vital you have previous experience working with a similar client base within a UK practice.
- Be the lead reviewer and oversee the accounting requirements for a portfolio of SMEs
- Oversee client management to deliver customer service excellence
- Manage and drive quality, risk, compliance, and regulatory matters and standards
- Provide a consultative service to clients, including turnaround management, change management, group restructuring, IFRS compliance, general business consulting, and internal control reviews
- Deliver complex client projects – including financial DD and structuring
- Manage and mentor team members ensuring excellence for clients through accurate and prompt service delivery
- Represent the company’s capabilities to new clients and build relationships to contribute to practice growth
- ACA/ACCA qualified with at least five years experience within a UK practice at manager level
- Experienced user of IRIS and Xero
- Commercially astute with experience of providing strategic direction
- Confident communicating with all levels of stakeholders
- Able to lead, mentor, and motivate, bringing the best out in others
- Strong financial and operational skills
- Board, Partner or Partner Designate level experience
- Excellent networker, able to demonstrate previous business growth and success
- Demonstrable experience of leading accounting and corporate taxation for a diverse client portfolio
- Ability to provide sound technical and compliance advice at a high level for clients
- Proven track record of managing successful teams and delivering results
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of accounting standards and tax laws
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively with clients, employees, and other stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and execute strategic plans
What we Offer
- Basic Salary of up to £75,000 per annum depending on experience
- Initially 22 days holiday + Bank holidays; Increasing to 23 days after 1 year of employment and then 24 days after 2 years of employment
- An additional day off for your Birthday every year
- Private medical insurance
- Group life insurance
- Breakfast club
- FusionPoints bonus scheme
- Pension Contribution
- Christmas and Summer parties
- Quarterly get together and team building
- Small milestone gifts
Job Type: Full-time, Mon-Fri 9am to 5pm
London, Finchley N3
About Fusion Consulting Group:
Fusion is a multi-discipline consulting practice assisting entrepreneurial businesses and private clients by delivering an end to end solution throughout their business journey.
Fusion crafts client solutions using its in-house team of highly skilled consultants with a diverse range of expertise within International Taxation, Company Accounting, Digital Marketing, IT Strategy, Business Advisory, Legal Services and Financial services ensuring a joined up approach and seamless client experience.
Fusion Consulting Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status