Due to growth in the accountancy side of our multi-disciplinary consulting practice, Fusion are seeking a Semi Senior Accountant to assist our growing team within Fusion Accountancy.
Working with our team of accountants, you will be required to complete end to end accounting tasks for a range of SME businesses, using industry leading tools.
The responsibilities are as below, but are not limited to:
- Maintain records of our clients using accounting software packages including Xero and Sage 50
- Use cloud accounting tools to process transactions, prepare and post journals, update all ledgers, perform bank reconciliations ready for the monthly reporting process
- Liaising with clients on any queries
- Making journal entries for all receipts, payments, and other financial transactions.
- Undertake financial close procedures for the month end, including inter-company balance reconciliation
- Preparing management accounts and month end reconciliations, including commentary
- Drafting year end accounts for Limited and LLP’s from start to finish under FRS 102, Section 1A and FRS 105, ready for client and management review
- Preparing of service charge accounts
- Preparing extended trial balances including the final year end trial balance
- Preparing cash flow statements.
- Running the monthly payroll for clients, including RTI submissions and pension contribution calculations
- Preparing corporation tax computation calculations and basic tax planning
- Dealing with the preparation and completion of VAT returns, including EC Sales and Intrastat returns
- Apply and understand the client to ensure transactions are recorded appropriately, under the correct accounting standard and highlight unusual transactions to senior members of the team
- Apply a basic knowledge of rules and regulations followed by UK SME’s including tax requirements, company secretarial and a general commercial awareness
- Work as part of a team to provide ad-hoc accounting assistance and ensure clients receive an excellent service
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience within practice
- AAT qualified or ACCA part qualified
- Must be highly organised, proactive and a self-starter
- Able to prioritise workload and be self-sufficient.
- Can work well under pressure and in a very busy environment
- Xero certified user
- A team player, with active participation in the team, in addition to being able to work on their own as required
- Friendly and helpful with a can-do work ethic
- Flexible and able to prioritise a changing to do list.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate MS Office, including Excel, Word.
- GCSEs (x5) including English and Maths
What we offer:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience
- Bonus Scheme (up to 10%)
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Private medical insurance (minimum of 1 years’ service)
- Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding firm at a very exciting stage of growth, with prospects of career progression
Job Type: Full-time – Mon-Fri 09.00-17.00
Job Location: Finchley N3
About Fusion Consulting Group:
Fusion is a multi-discipline consulting practice assisting entrepreneurial businesses and private clients by delivering an end to end solution throughout their business journey.
Fusion crafts client solutions using its in-house team of highly skilled consultants with a diverse range of expertise within International Taxation, Company Accounting, Digital Marketing, IT Strategy, Business Advisory and Legal Services ensuring a joined up approach and seamless client experience. For more information, please visit: www.fusionconsult.co.uk
Fusion Consulting Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.