Senior Accountant [FCSA2507]
Due to explosive growth, Fusion Consulting (a multi discipline consulting practice) are looking to recruit a Senior Accountant/Manager to join its growing accountancy firm based in North London.
Reporting to the directors, you will support the firm with service delivery and managing the portfolio by regularly communicating with clients and fulfilling statutory duties.
The successful candidate will receive mentorship and training in all areas of the role.
Some of our clients have complex accounting requirements such as derivatives and foreign currency transactions therefore the ideal candidate would have had experience in these areas.
Due to the growth of the business we are seeking an individual with management experience to work closely with both the team and the directors.
- Collecting and reviewing the bookkeeping information provided by the client
- Performing bookkeeping duties and in-depth reviews (outsourced)
- Running payroll and pension reports for clients on monthly basis (reviewing outsourced work)
– Company secretarial
- Performing ad-hoc company secretarial and statutory duties
– Management accounts
- Producing monthly and quarterly management accounts with reports such as budget variance/cash flow forecasts etc
- Producing VAT returns (standard & partial exemption) (reviewing outsourced work)
- Preparing CIS returns and vouchers for contractors monthly
– Annual accounts
- Preparation of annual accounts with full working papers for LTD/LLP/ST
– Client management
- Managing own portfolio
- Attending client meetings
- Communicating and liaising with clients on a regular basis and advising them where necessary.
- Ensuring documentation is stored correctly for compliance purposes
– Continual improvement
- Working with the directors to streamline and simplify processes.
- Working closely with the senior accountant and outsourcing team to provide accurate and timely service delivery.
- Providing guidance for the senior account when the partners are away from the office.
– Personal tax
- Working closely with the tax team by producing information where required.
- Opportunity for the right candidate to work with the tax team and gain experience in this area
The current portfolio is made up of roughly 75 limited companies.
The companies are operating in sectors such as property management and investment, retail, consultancy, manufacturing, community interest and waste disposal.
The tax team currently has around 350 clients both UK resident and non-resident.
- ACA/ ACCA qualified
- 2-3 years’ experience working in general practice (small/ mid-sized firm)
- Management experience
- Proven experience in providing an end to end service to SME businesses
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Happy to work independently
- Ability to think outside the box and provide clients with the best advice for their business
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work under strict deadlines
- Advanced IT skills
- Experience using Iris and Xero (Iris – PM/AP/BT/PT)
- Team player
- Strong sense of urgency
- Professional and presentable
What we offer:
- Salary based on experience
- 22 Days Holiday + Public Bank Holidays
- Opportunity to earn commissions for introductions to other areas of the business
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Bonus scheme (up to 10%)
- Private medical insurance (minimum of 1 years’ service)
- Opportunity to join a rapidly expanding firm at a very exciting stage of growth
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Edgware HA8
About Fusion Consulting:
Fusion is a multi-discipline consulting practice focusing on Digital Marketing. Taxation, Accountancy, IT, Law and Business strategy delivering creative solutions to complex problems.
Now over 3 years old and employing over 20 staff, we deliver value by harnessing our experience in practice and industry fused with our dynamic and entrepreneurial approach.
At Fusion we believe in Total Client Satisfaction. It is at the heart of everything we do., please visit: www.fusionconsult.co.uk
Fusion Consulting Ltd is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.